Responsible for ensuring Vodafoneâ€™s protection of customers but with particular emphasis on young users in accessing new content services through mobile.
Member of the UK Home Office Child Protection and the Internet Task Force for the past 6 years. Chaired Home Office Task Force Working Groups for
- Good Practice Guidance on Chat, Instant Messaging Service, World Wide Web,
-Â Moderation of Interactive Services
- Social Networking and User Interactive Services Good Practice Standards.
In 2007 awarded the UK ISPA Internet Hero for Protection of Children on the Internet.
Former Head of Social Issues for Yahoo UK managing social issues and delivering products and services responsibly.
Former Consultant for Virgin Mobile, European Commission and Consumer Council for children and the Internet.
20 years experience of social policy, child protection and social welfare of children, young people and families including:
- Senior Policy Manager for NCH Action for Children responsible for child protection, child sexual abuse children and domestic violence, teenage pregnancy, youth homelessness and children and the Internet
- Lecturer University of Warwick responsible for Post Qualification Courses in Child Protection and Welfare
- Senior Childrenâ€™s Training Officer for Birmingham & Sandwell Social Services
- Senior Child Protection Social Worker for Child Protection Centre
- Senior Child Protection Statutory Social Worker â€“ Birmingham Social Services